Andy’s December 2015 Art Book Recommendations
While it may be hard to find time to paint over the holidays, we hope that you can at least find some time to do a bit of creative reading! Andy Braitman has complied a list of book recommendations for the holidays that would be great to receive from your loved ones. These are all very good books that you may want to consider adding to your art library. Andy also recommends adding any art book about any artist that may interest you from any period of our history. The more books and resources you surround yourself with the more inspiration you will have when you paint!
Happy holidays, reading and learning!
Andy’s December 2015 Art Book Recommendations:
- The Yellow House by Patricia Falvy - Pure enjoyment reading about the relationship between Van Gogh and Gauguin
- Landscape Composition by Edgar Payne
- Artists Handbook by Ralph Mayer
- Natural Way to Paint by Charles Reid - Learn about atmospheric landscapes and wonderful figure work
- Alls Prima by Richard Schmid
- Carlson’s Guide to Landscape Painting by John Carlson
- Inside-Out, Landscape Painting by Kevin McPherson - Explores the differences between plein air painting and studio painting
- The Oil Painting Workshop by Ted Goerschner - Pay special attention to the discussion about chromatic grey
- A Proven strategy for Creating Art by Dan McCaw
Andy Braitman and the Braitman Studio Staff http://www.braitmanstudio.com firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 704.846.1369 9313 Monroe Rd., Suite C Charlotte, NC 28270 Braitman Studio’s Facebook Braitman Studio’s Instagram Braitman Studio’s Pinterest